Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Let's Go To The Movies Again....

Oh how I love to check out fabulous decorating!  The movies have some of the very best set designs you will see.   They usually have decent budgets, many sources and talented designers/decorators to pull it all together.  We can dream and get great ideas from these sets to interpret into our own homes. I know I have been down this road a couple of times previously with some of my favorites but here I go again....

By now everybody has heard about the incredibly funny movie "It's Complicated" and once again a great set design by Nancy Meyers.  The home of the lead female character, played by Meryl Streep is a little eclectic yet comfy/casual.  This home is cozy and has a "lived in" look that is so relaxing.  You just want to drop in and have a glass of wine there!


One old favourite for anybody who loves Traditional Design is the
"Father of the Bride Movie(s)"
And of course "Franck" designed the most elaborate Nurseries

Another great set design was the movie "The Nanny Diaries"

Outside Hallway
Interior Hallway looking into Living Room
Living Room
Another great kitchen - I love kitchens even though I don't cook.
Very elegant traditional bedroom
OK, I WANT THIS SHOE CLOSET!

No comments:

Post a Comment